Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 23 24
If toasting epic Tuscan sunsets, soaking up the sun-kissed sophistication of Italy's most popular cities and olive oil tasting in a real Italian borgo with new friends sound like your idea of perfection, this is one of those bellissimo Italy trips that would seduce even the sirens of Capri.
- VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- Explore Rome, Pompeii, Capri, Assisi and Florence with a Local Specialist
- Discover Venice and Siena
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum in Rome, the excavations at Pompeii, the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the ancient sites of Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Santa Croce Basilica, the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio in Florence
- Scenic Cruise to the Isle of Capri and by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Connect With Locals Eight generations of history with plenty of stories to tell. Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest dinner with the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.
- Stays with Stories Built to welcome pilgrims visiting Assisi, Hotel Cenacolo is a fully renovated old Franciscan monastery in nearby Santa Maria degli Angeli.
- Dive into Culture Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries.
- Dive into Culture Gain early access to the Vatican Museums to marvel at the magnificent work of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Meet the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise in Perugia. Discover the history of Italian hand-weaving during a private demonstration, and see how your visit helps preserve this traditional art form.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 2 Dinners
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return cruise to the Isle of Capri
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (516) 504-4888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422493
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome: Take time to embrace the Italian passion for life on this grand adventure that starts and ends in the 'Eternal City' of Rome. Spend the day exploring on your own before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception and evening orientation drive.|
|Day 2||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Our captivating journey through Rome begins at the Vatican Museums where we join a Local Specialist to Dive Into Culture and admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and his sorrowful Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica. We visit the enduring symbols of Ancient Rome, paying tribute to the gladiators who entertained thousands in the mighty Colosseum. See the Circus Maximus before spending the afternoon at leisure. Wander up Via del Corso on a shopping spree, soak up the coffee culture in one of Rome's lively piazze or discover the masterpieces of Rome in one of the city's many museums.|
|Day 3||Admire Pompeii and on to Sorrento||Admire Pompeii and on to Sorrento: Venture south towards the ancient city of Pompeii which remains frozen in time since it was covered in ash during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius centuries ago. Here we join a Local Specialist who will share insights into the city's tragic history. Continue to the clifftop village of Sorrento where you will dine at your hotel this evening. |
|Day 4||Isle of Capri||A Day on the Isle of Capri: Cruise to the captivating Isle of Capri this morning and explore its glamour on a walking tour with a Local Specialist that will include views of the marina. Venture to the heart of the island and the legendary Piazzetta, where the locals come to people-watch. Spend free time shopping at elegant boutiques or perhaps join an Optional Experience and explore the rugged coastline and hidden grottos by private motor launch.|
|Day 5||Assisi||Onwards to Assisi: Venture north to the historic city of Perugia. Here we'll discover Italy's weaving tradition during an impressive MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience at our visit to Laboratorio Giuditta Brozzetti, a TreadRight and JoinTrafalgar Heritage Initiative project. Explore one of the last remaining traditional wooden frame hand-weaving workshops in the country, before continuing to the ancient hilltop town of Assisi where tonight we stay at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - a fully renovated old Franciscan monastery.|
|Day 6||Venice||Journey to Venice: Join a Local Specialist and visit the Basilica of St. Francis, famous for Giotto's exquisite frescoes and 13th-century stained glass windows. Continue north past hilltop medieval villages and through picturesque farming plains towards Venice, the 'Queen of the Adriatic'. Enjoy a free evening watching the sunset over the Venetian Lagoon or consider joining an Optional Experience.|
|Day 7||Venice||Cruise the Canals of Venice: The Winged Lion of Venice is your constant companion as you cruise by private launch to your memorable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience bringing to life the 13th-century tradition of Venetian glassblowing. Dive Into Culture and watch the talented master craftsmen use the same techniques that have been passed down through the generations, perhaps inspired to buy a souvenir or two to remind you of your visit. Next, you'll continue on to St. Mark's Square where you'll view the Basilica, the ornate Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs, so named because of the sound prisoners made as they took one last look at their beloved city from the bridge before meeting their fate. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore what was once the haunt of Casanova and Marco Polo, and you'll want to relish every second experiencing life in this enchanting city.|
|Day 8||Discover Pisa and on to Florence||Discover Pisa and on to Florence: This morning we travel to Pisa and to its Field of Miracles to view the famous Leaning Tower, before arriving in Florence, our home for the next two nights.|
|Day 9||Explore Renaissance Florence||Explore Renaissance Florence: Explore one of the world's most cultural cities today - the former home of great masters and a testament to the ambitious legacy of the Medici family. Your Local Specialist shares all the sights, including views of the magnificent marble Duomo and Baptistery. We visit Piazza della Signoria, the heart of this flourishing city with its statues and stunning palazzi then view the Ponte Vecchio. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Later, enjoy some free time to stroll around the city and embrace this Renaissance gem. This evening, we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience set against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.|
|Day 10||Siena and Rome||Venture to Siena and Rome: We admire the medieval beauty of Siena today, walking to its shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, the site of the Palio horse race, and dominated by the rusty red Palazzo Pubblico and Torre del Mangia. See the hilltop town's extraordinary architecture, shop for beautifully hand-painted ceramics or relax with a cappuccino at a pavement cafe. This evening, we celebrate a magnificent Italian adventure with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.|
Barcelo Aran Mantegna
|Day 11||Rome||Arrivederci Rome: After breakfast, we say a fond farewell to Italy and prepare to return home after a memorable Italian journey of discovery. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Festive Meals: The 17 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Florence, the 23 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Sorrento and toast New Year's Eve in Florence, the 26 December 2023 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Venice. We have arranged festive meals for these departures that may replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class